Primary: Transition Projects
Suitable for: Transition between key stage 1 (year 2) to key stage 2 (year 3)
The transition from infant to junior school is important in the lives of children and their families, yet research has shown that transitions can be stressful for children. This project facilitates joint working between Year 2 and Year 3 pupils and teachers to support this transition.
- CPD for Year 2 and Year 3 teachers
- Storytelling performance(s) for Year 2 and 3 pupils
- 5 rehearsal workshops with each Year 2 and Year 3 class (1 per week)
- Optional workshop(s) for Year 2 and Year 3 parents
- Performance in the Key Stage 2/Junior school for all participants
Please note: we can tailor the project to the schools’ requirements. For example, we can vary the number of rehearsal workshops.
This project is based around A Midsummer Night’s Dream due to its themes of change and friendship. However, we can tailor it around a different play. Please get in touch to discuss this.
- Improves self-esteem and confidence and promotes social and emotional development
- Develops understanding of Shakespeare’s stories
- Develops oracy skills: developing confidence in the art of speaking and listening; using discussion in order to learn; being able to elaborate and explain ideas
- Develops literacy skills: reading challenging texts with good understanding; acquiring a wide vocabulary
- Enables all learners to participate in and gain knowledge, skills and understanding associated with drama.
- Supports learners to adopt, create and sustain a range of roles, and respond appropriately to others in role.
- Supports pupils to prepare ideas before they write
- Facilitate and effect good working relationships between Year 2 and Year 3 teachers
- Builds teachers’ understanding of Shakespeare’s language and craft
- Encourages active teaching approaches to Shakespeare
- Develop parents’ understanding as to how they can ease the transition for their children
Information for your visit
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.
Please also read our FAQs for site specific information (directions, on-site food and beverage provisions etc)
Check out our handy tips to make your visit a success
+44 (0)207 902 1433
Email Lively Action
‘By the end of the end of the project, staff’s initial apprehension was annulled. This was mirrored by the amazed and enthusiastic appreciation of our parents.’
– Headteacher, Altmore and Lathom Schools Federation
LOCATION AND COSTS
The CPR and Storytelling performance(s) can be run at the Globe or in the participating schools.
The rehearsal workshops, parent workshop and final performance take place within the participating schools.
Due to the bespoke nature of the project, please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can provide a quotation for you based around these.
Dates and times
The project is designed to take place in half term 6, or summer 2. We will arrange the individual sessions based around the schools’ timetables, subject to availability.
HELP SUPPORT OUR BELOVED THEATRE.
We recently temporarily closed our doors to the public until further notice.
As a charity that receives no regular government subsidy, we desperately need your support, more than ever before.