AQA History: GCSE Study Session
HELP SUPPORT OUR BELOVED THEATRE.
We recently temporarily closed our doors to the public until further notice.
As a charity that receives no regular government subsidy, we desperately need your support, more than ever before.
An introduction or revision session where students attend an interactive lecture and a guided tour of the theatre focusing on AQA* GCSE History exam requirements.
Information for your visit
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.
Please also read our FAQs for site specific information (directions, on-site food and beverage provisions etc)
Please note that English Lively Action Workshops can be added to the end of the GCSE History Study Day if you have students who would benefit from sessions in both subjects.
+44 (0)207 902 1433
Location and costs
At the Globe
In your school
|£9 per student (UK only – please see our International prices here).
Maximum of 35 students.
We can take multiple classes simultaneously. Minimum charge of £165 for fewer than 19 pupils.One free teacher place available for every ten students.
Additional adults charged at student rate.
All one-to-one support staff for pupils with SEND will be admitted for free.
One session (up to 90 minutes): £350
Two sessions (up to 3 hours): £550
We suggest a maximum of 60 students per session.
Outside the M25 travel and accommodation (where applicable) costs will be added
- Interactive lecture focused on Elizabethan theatre and the construction of the Globe Theatre
- Guided visit linking the site to analysis of key sources relating to Q1 of the Elizabethan England paper.
- Source booklet for each student to use for revision.
AQA: Paper 2: Shaping the nation, Section B: British depth studies including the historic environment: BC Elizabethan England, c1568–1603
Can also be used to support:
- Eduqas: Component 1: Studies in Depth: 1B. THE ELIZABETHAN AGE, 1558-1603
- Pearson/Edexcel: British Depth Studies: Option B4: Early Elizabethan England, 1558–88 (Key topic 3: Elizabethan society in the Age of Exploration, 1558–88)
Dates and times
Three available time slots:
10.00am – 11.30am
11.00am – 12.30pm
12.00 noon – 1.30pm
Study Days are run throughout the year.