Primary: Workshops & tours
Lively Action Workshops
Suitable for: Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2
HELP SUPPORT OUR BELOVED THEATRE.
We recently temporarily closed our doors to the public until further notice.
As a charity that receives no regular government subsidy, we desperately need your support, more than ever before.
‘It was absolutely brilliant, pitched at the perfect level for my pupils!’
– Teacher | Lively Action Workshop
Lively Action workshops encapsulate the spirit at the core of all our work – that plays should be explored actively. They can be based on any Shakespeare play and are delivered at the Globe or in your school.
Information for your visit
All workshops can be tailored to cater for a range of Special Educational Needs and requirements. Detailed information can be found in our FAQs.
Please also read our FAQs for site specific information (directions, on-site food and beverage provisions etc).
+44 (0)207 902 1433
Location and costs
At the Globe
In your school
|£9 per pupil.
(UK only – please see international pages for other rates)
Maximum of 35 pupils per workshop.Teachers/adults are free on a 1:10 ratio to pupils.
£9 per adult outside the ratio.
Up to four adults can attend each workshop.
All additional 1:1 support staff for SEND pupils admitted free.
Minimum charge of £165 (for under 19 pupils).
Workshops can be tailored to your pupils’ needs and school timetable.
Up to 90 minutes: £350
Maximum of 35 pupils per workshop.
Outside the M25, travel and accommodation costs (where applicable) will be added.
- Practical, interactive workshop based on your chosen learning objective(s)
- A range of activities and games designed to draw out elements of the plays’ characters and themes
- Language-based activities that explore the text at word level
- Explore a range of interpretations to encourage an informed personal response
- For on-site visits, a guided tour of the Globe Theatre
- For on-site visits, our new Discover Ticket allows groups to add a Shakespeare’s Southwark or Sam Wanamaker Playhouse to your workshop booking for just £5.50 per child. You can also book a Live Demonstration of Elizabethan dressing, stage fighting or printing from just £65. Discover more about these options.
- Workshops can be run on any Shakespeare play of your choice.
- Read challenging texts with good understanding
- Acquire a wide vocabulary
- Develop a greater appreciation of our rich and varied literary heritage
- Develop confidence in the art of speaking and listening.
- Use discussion to help learning: be able to elaborate and explain their understanding and ideas
- Use spoken language to prepare ideas before they write.
- Participate in and gain knowledge, skills and understanding associated with the artistic practice of drama, adopting, creating and sustaining a range of roles.
- Promote spiritual, moral, cultural, emotional and social development of pupils
Dates and times
At the Globe
Winter season, October to April:*
|Summer season, May to September:|
|Monday to Friday:
||Monday to Friday:
*In March and April dates are subject to change. Please contact us for further information.
Please note as a working theatre all on-site workshops adhere to a strict timetable. If your group is late we will, unfortunately, be unable to offer any additional time back.
In your school
We can be flexible based around your school timetable, including weekend provision, subject to availability.